Throughout Wendel Rosen’s long history as the leading East Bay law firm, clients have turned to us to counsel them through a wide variety of trust and estate related disputes regarding family wealth transitions, fiduciary actions (or inactions), and elder protection issues. While our litigators actively work with our clients, their families and their advisors to avoid or minimize such issues, sometimes litigation is unavoidable. In such instances, our experience allows us to lead our clients from the outset of a matter to its conclusion; from pre-litigation investigation and strategic planning to mediation, arbitration, trial and appeal. Our litigators leverage their deep knowledge of trust and estate law, as well as their procedural and tactical litigation skills, to guide clients through these complex, and often emotional, disputes.
Examples of the matters our trust and estate litigators regularly handle are:
- Trust administration disputes, including complex tax and accounting issues
- Trust and will contests
- Breach of fiduciary duty actions against trustees, agents and personal representatives
- Fiduciary removal and surcharge actions
- Petitions for instructions and interpretation of wills and trusts
- Financial elder abuse
- Contested conservatorships
In addition to litigating these types of matters, our attorneys regularly serve as mediators, arbitrators and private judges.