The attorneys in Wendel Rosen’s Intellectual Property Practice Group have represented a variety of companies in disputes, transactions and counseling related to complex copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent, and other intellectual property issues. We represent software and other technology companies, manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers, business and professional services, real estate and construction companies, medical and health services, and nonprofit and trade organizations in matters including:
- Trademark selection, registration and protection
- Trade secrets counseling and litigation
- Licensing, development and distribution agreements
- OEM, end-user license, reseller and distributor agreements
- Copyright infringement and protection matters, and copyright registration
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) claims
- Entity formation, operating or partnership agreements, stock option plans
- Strategic partnerships and joint ventures
- Litigation to enforce and defend intellectual property rights
- Domain name matters and disputes
- Alternative dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration
- Advertising and sweepstakes matters, see Advertising
- Privacy Issues
- Patent Infringement
We've worked with technology clients whose industries include software, Internet, multimedia, telecommunications, chip design and manufacturing, laser, medical instrumentation and computer equipment. A major part of our work for these clients involves intellectual property; the development, protection, acquisition, licensing and disposition of trade secrets, copyrighted material, ideas, processes and trademarks. We prepare and negotiate software, hardware and multimedia development agreements, software licenses, distribution agreements, equipment procurement agreements and joint venture agreements. The parties to these agreements are typically developers, manufacturers, service providers, distributors, resellers and end users. We also perform trademark searches and registrations, and advise clients regarding the selection and enforcement of trademarks.
Firm attorneys also perform intellectual property audits on behalf of client companies and investors in order to verify a company’s intellectual property portfolio, as well as IP due diligence on transactional matters. In addition, we regularly advise and counsel companies on advertising and sweepstakes issues and other marketing and advertising activities.
We also provide intellectual property services to non-technology industries. For example, the firm provides extensive trademark registration and litigation services to the craft brewery, restaurant and educational industries.
We strive to anticipate potential issues and draft clear agreements that help our clients avoid litigation. And, when disputes arise, we seek to resolve them by negotiation or alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation. However, we recognize that litigation and threats of litigation are a fact of business life. The firm’s intellectual property litigators are experienced in a wide range of business and IP disputes, in both state and federal court, and will work with clients to aggressively protect their important intellectual property assets.