What You Need to Know About Employment Law in 2012
Wendel Rosen attorneys Gillian Ross and David Goldman will be presenting a seminar on new developments in employment law on Thursday, February 16 in Wendel Rosen's Conference Center, 1111 Broadway, 19th Floor, Oakland, CA.
8:00 am – Registration/Continental Breakfast
8:30 am to 10:00 – Presentation (Q&A to follow)
If you manage employees, there are important developments in the law that will impact the way you do business in 2012. From recent cases to new laws, Wendel Rosen employment attorneys, David Goldman and Gillian Ross, will guide you through the most recent changes and offer guidance on best practices for navigating the current employment law landscape.
- Hiring new employees? Find out the form that must be given to all new employees.
- Discover the new restrictions on employers seeking credit reports for new hires.
- U.S. Supreme Court decided that class action rights can be waived. Learn if it can be waived by your employees.
- Does your business use independent contractors? There are new substantial penalties enacted for misclassifying workers.
- Although your business is non-union, it still may be required to give notice to employees of their rights to unionize. Find out what you have to do and when.
- When can you fire an employee on an extended medical leave of absence? A recent case gives guidance.
- Do you pay salespeople by commission? Learn what employers will be required to do.
Who should attend:
- Business Owners and Managers
- Human Resource Managers
To register for this event please email: RSVP@Wendel.com
To view the presentation click here.