Top 10 Employment Law Changes for 2017
Wendel Rosen employment attorneys David Goldman and Katherine Kao will present, “Top 10 Employment Law Changes for 2017“ on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 in the David I. Wendel Conference Center, 1111 Broadway, Oakland, California.
Join our employment law team to learn more about laws that go into effect in 2017 so you can start the year off right. The discussion will focus on new laws that affect your day-to-day business operations and workplace policies. This seminar is appropriate for business owners, HR professionals and risk managers.
- Maintaining a drug-free workplace when marijuana use becomes lawful
- Complying with California’s stricter pay-equity law
- All-gender restroom law — will it apply to your business?
- New limitations on background checks
- New State laws protecting immigration
- Changes in minimum wage
- Managing use (and abuse) of paid sick leave
- New Paid Family Leave benefits
- Limits on employee arbitration agreement
- New workplace notice requirements
Registration: 4:30 PM – 5:00 PM
Program: 5:00 PM – 6:15 PM
Cost: This is a complimentary event for clients and guests of Wendel Rosen LLP.
RSVP: Space is limited. Advanced registration is required. To reserve your spot, please send an email by 1/18 to firstname.lastname@example.org.