The Family Law Practitioner & Same-Sex Marriage Issues
Wendel Rosen Trusts and Estates attorney Virginia Palmer will be a presenter at "Family Law and Same-Sex Marriage Issues," on Friday, March 18, 2016, at the Chancellor Hotel on Union Square, 433 Powell Street San Francisco, CA. This seminar is sponsored by Sterling Education Services.
Following the Supreme Court’s ruling, same-sex marriages are now recognized across the country. For many this transition means a host of questions about the status of domestic partnerships, civil unions, co-parenting agreements, and separations. Mistakes can have serious financial, relational, and legal consequences for clients, and incomplete or incorrect information is everywhere. This experienced group of speakers will help untangle the existing state laws and navigate the evolving body of regulations for the legal aspects of same-sex marriages in this rapidly changing area of the law.
- The U.S.'s path to same-sex marriage
- Handling existing civil unions and domestic partnerships
- Same-sex parents: guardianship, adoption, and surrogacy
- Issues to look for in the 2016 election
- Family leave, medical decisions, and end of life issues
- Dissolving the same-sex marriage: divorce and separation
- Ethics in family law practice
Who Should Attend
- Family Law
- Domestic Relations
- Guardians ad Litem
- Estate Planning
- General/Civil Practice
- Sole Practitioners
- Family Court Commissioners
- Financial Planners
- Social Workers
- Tax Preparers
Click here for more information.