Sustainable Enterprise 2012 Conference
Wendel Rosen Green Business attorney Donald Simon will be a presenter at the Sustainable Enterprise 2012 Conference, “How Benefit Corporations Support the Development of the Sustainable Enterprise Movement,” on Friday, May 11, 2012, at the Sonoma Mountain Village Event Center, 1100 Valley House Drive, Rohnert Park, CA 94928.
Conference Objectives & Benefits
The Sustainable Enterprise Conference focuses on meeting the following objectives and providing these benefits to attendees:
- Understand the term sustainability and the opportunities it presents.
- Identify successful strategies for economic resilience in a global economy.
- Relate environmental policies and ways in which enterprises can prosper from these policies.
- Offer tools that are strategic and practical – from generating a vision of a sustainable enterprise, to optimizing resource management, to metrics systems for measuring progress.
- Illustrate, through experiences or cases, the rewards and risks of sustainability initiatives as an entrepreneur or within a larger enterprise.
- Network with other organizations and people to successfully implement innovative sustainable operating practices and policies.
California now permits a new corporate form specifically tailored for triple bottom line for-profit companies. In addition to earning profit, benefit corporations have a purpose of creating a material positive impact on society and the environment with greater transparency than traditional corporations. They may also adopt specific benefit purposes, such as assisting low-income or under-served individuals or communities, promoting economic opportunity for individuals or communities, preserving the environment, and improving human health. This presentation by the co-chairs of the California legal working group that drafted the law and led the legislative effort will explain how to become a benefit corporations and why the new law is so critical for sustainable enterprises.
Who Should Attend
- Individuals ready to step into action around the sustainability of their enterprise
- Executives, managers and individuals who set long-term direction
- Entrepreneurs who are starting or plan to start new enterprises
- Professionals and consultants who are engaging in sustainable enterprise activities
- Educators and students with an interest in sustainable enterprise
- Officials who influence, design and implement public policy
Participants at this exciting conference will learn how they can drive positive change in their organizations; change that will position them for success in the new economy. Participants will also realize extraordinary opportunities to network with other North Bay professionals who have made positive change in the area of social, economic and environmental responsibility and have benefited from it.