Returning to the Workplace: COVID-19 and New Laws for 2021
Join Tammy Brown and David Goldman for a discussion of the challenges of managing employees in the age of COVID-19. The presentation will include a review of the laws and regulations that pertain to COVID-19, working remotely, handling employees returning to the workplace, sick leave and employee vaccinations. In addition, the most relevant new employment laws enacted and affecting employers will be reviewed, many of which require changes in existing policies and procedures, and updating employee handbooks. If you are doing business in California and have employees or independent contractors working for you, you will want to attend and become familiar with your new obligations to employees.
The topics to be discussed include:
- COVID in (and out) of the workplace – prevention plans, outbreak orders, and sick leave
- Expansion of the California Family Rights Act and employee leaves of absence
- When is a worker your employee or an independent contractor—changes in the law—again
- New employer pitfalls when employees file claims with the Labor Commissioner
- New legal exposure when you buy a business that lost an employee wage claim
January 21, 2021
1:00 PM – 2:00 PM PST
Click here to register.
This is a complimentary webinar.