Mediating the Smaller Case
Charles A. Hansen, Wendel Rosen real estate attorney, co-presented as part of a panel discussion hosted by the Alameda County Bar Association, "Mediating the Smaller Case: A Moderated Panel Discussion," on June 19, 2014 at the David I. Wendel Conference Center, 1111 Broadway, Oakland. Fellow panelists were the Honorable Judge James R. Lambden, and the Honorable Judge Bonnie Sabraw, Ret. Eric H. Ivary, Esq. served as moderator.
- Representing the plaintiff:
- Plan ahead – way ahead. Set conditions and fully prepare your client for the session by covering "hot spots"
- Make a real demand
- Representing the defense:
- Think like a Plaintiff
- Make sure all the decision makers are present
- Access the value of putting an end to the case