Eminent Domain: The Nuts & Bolts of Public Acquisitions
On February 15, 2011, Wendel Rosen attorneys Les Hausrath, Timothy Williams, and Pamela Schock Mintzer will present “Eminent Domain: The Nuts & Bolts of Public Acquisitions,” at the David I. Wendel Conference Center, 1111 Broadway, 19th Floor, Oakland, CA 94607
Registration: 8:30 to 9:00 am
Program: 9:00 to Noon
Lunch: Noon to 1:00 pm
This is an educational program for public agencies and right-of-way professionals. It includes basic condemnation principles, recurring problems, common pitfalls and strategies for resolution.
- Pre-Acquisition Considerations: What to acquire and why
- Timing: Coordinating acquisition with project schedule
- Agency Coordination: Tips and strategies for complex multi-agency projections
- Anticipating and resolving construction issues in the acquisition and settlement process
- Impacts for parking or access loss
- Temporary Severance during construction: Is there such an animal?
- Ethical Issues: What is the proper role of the public agency employee and attorney?
- Title, escrow and closing issues
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Public agency acquisition personnel
- In-house lawyers
- Right-of-way professionals
- Acquisition consultants
Space is limited; for more information, please contact:
Les Hausrath at email@example.com.