Cannabis as a Business in California
Join Wendel Rosen attorney Robert Selna, Chair of the firm's Cannabis Industry Group who will speak at the next, "Cannabis as a Business in California" by Law Seminars on Friday, October 13, 2017.
Why You Should Attend
In October 2015, California passed the Medical Cannabis Regulation and Safety Act ("MCRSA"), and in November 2016 voters approved Proposition 64, the state's adult use cannabis initiative. This summer, California passed the Medicinal and Adult Use Cannabis Regulation and Safety Act ("MAUCRSA"), which combines the MCRSA and Proposition 64 under one master regulatory regime.
This seminar will examine the challenging business and regulatory issues arising from the creation of the newly regulated commercial cannabis industry in California. Experts will discuss the wide range of issues regarding MAUCRSA and its implementation; current state and federal law conflicts over cannabis; cannabis business corporate structures and acquisitions; landlord/tenant law, commercial leases and real property issues; investment, fundraising, and securities issues; access to banking; trademark, branding, patent, and IP licensing; and the ethical considerations for attorneys serving cannabis business clients.
What You Will Learn
- Updates on California regulatory system for medical & adult use
- Overview of the conflict between federal and California state law
- Analysis of 2014 FinCEN guidelines and banking solutions
- Financing and fundraising in the Cannabis industry
- What a PPM should look like
- Permitting and leasing transactions
- Cannabis M&A
- Patents and trademarks
- Ethical issues for attorneys in the Cannabis industry