Trusts & Estates Paralegal
Wendel Rosen LLP, a mid-sized law firm with its primary office located in Oakland, right above the 12th Street BART station, seeks an experienced Trusts & Estates Paralegal to provide support to attorneys in the Trusts & Estates practice group.
Job responsibilities include assisting with all aspects of trust administration, probate and related court proceedings, including communicating with clients and beneficiaries; and preparation of deeds, asset spreadsheets, federal estate tax returns, gift tax returns, correspondence and other legal documents.
We are looking for a motivated individual with meticulous attention to detail. We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and a friendly work environment.
• Minimum 3 years Trust & Estates Paralegal experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Extremely detail-oriented and organized
• Critical thinker with excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
• Proactive with the ability to anticipate what needs to happen next
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Must be comfortable multitasking
• Knowledge of the probate process and rules and use of judicial council forms
• Ability to work in a team, as well as working individually with minimum supervision
• Exhibit a high level of discretion in handling confidential and sensitive client information
Ideal candidates will have:
• Four-year college degree
• Paralegal certificate from an ABA approved program
• California Notary license or willingness to become a Notary