Legal Word Processor
Mid-sized Oakland law firm has an immediate opening for an experienced onsite Legal Word Processor, who will create, edit, and process legal documents using various software applications in an accurate and timely manner.
· Review incoming job requests thoroughly to ensure proper understanding of the request.
· Work carefully to prioritize and meet requested document deadlines; advise in advance if deadline is not attainable.
· Revise and format existing and new documents, as well as proofread for accuracy and completeness.
· Format existing and/or new documents using standard templates and resources including firm style guides for correspondence, pleadings and discovery.
· Communicate effectively with Attorneys and Staff.
We offer a competitive salary, healthcare benefits, a congenial work environment – and we are conveniently located right above the 12th Street BART station in downtown Oakland.
· Meticulous attention to detail and excellent proof-reading skills.
· Fast and accurate word processing.
· Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe (experience with legal forms and eDiscovery is a plus).
· Exhibit an excellent customer service attitude.
· Must work onsite Monday through Friday
· Flexibility to work overtime, as needed.
· Prior law office experience preferred.
· Possess a high school diploma and some college experience.