Human Resources Manager
Wendel Rosen LLP is a mid-sized law firm with its primary office located in Oakland, right above the 12th Street BART station. We have an immediate opening for an experienced HR Manager to join our team. The HR Manager will work closely with the Chief Operating Officer and others on the firm’s management team.
Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage confidential personnel issues for attorneys and staff
- Design and update policies and procedures
- Ensure the firm follows all local, state and federal employment laws and regulations
- Manage all employee healthcare and retirement plan benefits (and related audits)
- Administer and respond to claims: workers comp, disability, unemployment, etc.
- Oversee the recruiting and interviewing process for attorneys and staff
- Manage all aspects of various Leaves of Absence
- Assist with the orientation and training of new hires
- Lead the annual attorney and staff performance review process
- Handle disciplinary actions and terminations
- Process and approve payroll
- Update HRIS as needed
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required. SPHR, PHR or other HR certification preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of Human Resources experience at the managerial level. Law firm or professional services experience is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory skills and teambuilding experience.
- A proactive approach and the ability to work “hands-on.”
- Experience and initiative to identify what’s working, what’s not and what’s best practice.
- Computer proficiency, including MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and advanced Excel.
- Experience with HRIS and payroll.