Business Intake Coordinator
Wendel Rosen LLP, a mid-sized law firm with its primary office located in Oakland, right above the 12th Street BART station, seeks a Business Intake Coordinator. This position will interface with all members of the new business and conflicts team, as well as Attorneys and their Legal Assistants.
Using well-established standards, business rules, and policies as guidance, the Business Intake Coordinator will act as the first point of contact for all new requests. This position is responsible for upholding the standards and firmwide policies of all new business, as well as implementing and monitoring standards of quality, consistency, accuracy and thoroughness, enhancing customer service, and improving efficiency. This includes working closely with the Accounting and Conflicts departments to ensure that engagement letters and conflicts have been processed properly. Additionally, the Business Intake Coordinator will ensure proper follow-through with all disengagement and closing procedures.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of related experience processing business intake and supporting initiatives, including compliance and regulatory monitoring is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Critical thinker with excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proactive with the ability to anticipate what needs to happen next
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook (exceptional Excel skills preferred)
- Database experience
- Must be comfortable multitasking
- Knowledge of Legal terminology
- Ability to work in a team, as well as working individually with minimum supervision
- Exhibit a high level of discretion in handling confidential and sensitive client information
Ideal candidates will have:
- A four-year college degree
- Available to work overtime, as required
This position will require work to be performed onsite at our Oakland office.
In addition to a highly-skilled group of attorneys and staff members, we offer a congenial work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits.
No phone calls please. Principal parties only. Thank you.