Wendel Rosen's public agency practice members work with counties, municipalities, transportation agencies, regulatory agencies and various other public and quasi-public entities. Frequently serving as general or special counsel, the attorneys of this practice are experienced working with these types of clients, which often have unique needs based on their public accountability and procedural requirements.
With knowledge of public budget and funding issues, political sensitivities, and public reporting and recordkeeping procedures, the attorneys are able to navigate public projects through complex legal and bureaucratic processes.
Wendel Rosen represents several public entities in complex condemnation matters involving partial and full acquisitions for highway projects, redevelopment agencies, street widenings and other public projects.
Some specific areas undertaken by these attorneys include:
- Redevelopment and real estate
- Land use and development matters
- CEQA and NEPA documentation and litigation
- Eminent domain and condemnation
- Taxation issues
- General agency issues (Brown Act, FPPC, statutory authority)
- Public works construction
- Transportation funding and planning
- Hazardous materials, compliance regulation and litigation
- Employment law
- Contracts, leases and licenses