Working closely with Wendel Rosen's real estate practice, the firm maintains a construction group to handle matters unique to that industry. These attorneys are experienced at helping contractors and developers get projects done, on time and on budget, with minimal legal headaches. The team also draws upon the resources available from other firm groups, including land use, employment, litigation and public agency.
With broad experience representing both public and private clients, the group offers advice, document drafting, negotiating, and dispute resolution and litigation on matters related to all phases of construction. The firm also represents many contractors, subcontractors, unions, homebuilders and developers in their business operation needs.
A sampling of matters typically handled by construction group attorneys include:
- Development agreements
- Construction contracts
- Construction company entity formation
- Acquisition and development financing
- Subdivision matters
- Financing agreements
- Insurance coverage matters
- Wage and hour, employment and independent contractor matters
- ERISA and other benefits matters
- Compliance with state and federal regulations
- Entitlements, use permits, and rezoning
- Indemnification agreements
- Sustainable building